Background

Friday, January 15, 2016

Dueling Darlings

It is time again for another Dueling Darlings with my friends on SCS.  This month was a challenge with myself and Barb.  We thought a theme for this time of year would be Soup and get well.

I am in the Dazzler group and I chose this fun image from C.C. Designs called Chick-N-Soup.  Isn't he adorable.  I also sent a few embellishments for their cards.  Be sure and click below to see what the Dazzler team came up with.  It is always fun to see what different ideas people have.

An added challenge was to add your favorite soup recipe or link to the soup.  My favorite soup is Potato Soup and a co-worker gave it to me years ago.  It is still my favorite.  Here is the recipe.

Potato Soup
1 pkg frozen cubed potatoes
12 oz chicken broth
8 oz cream cheese
1 pkg chicken gravy mix
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup diced onions
2 Tbsp butter
2 cups milk

Brown onions and carrots in butter.  Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.  Add potatoes and cubed cream cheese.  Cook until potatoes are done.  Stir chicken gravy mix into milk and then add to potato mixture.  Let set for 15 minutes for flavors to develop.  You can add crumbled bacon to the soup if you would like.


It is so much fun to see what everyone else does with the packages sent.  You can see some of the other creations at:
Darlene ** The World According to Bijou
Debbie ** The Ink Igloo
Jeanette ** Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy
Paola ** blog That's Amore! (SAMA - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com Please check her gallery!
Shelly ** My creative rumblings
Terry A ** For now, here's her gallery: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - PurplePansy26 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Terry L ** It's Totally Terry

13 comments:

Barb said...

Terry--I think the image that your sent your team is just perfect--so darn cute! I love the card you made and I sure want to try your recipe. Thanks so much for being a part of the DDD--and for being my partner!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a fun card! I like how you colored the pot on the image. Your soup sounds quick and easy - thanks!

Imke said...

Perfect image for a Get Well card, Tracie. It´s FUN !

kadie said...

Your recipe sounds SOUPER yummy, Tracie! What a great kit you sent to the Dazzlers and fantastic card made from all those goodies. Big hugs and happy new year! kadie

Judy McMullen said...

Tracie, what a delightful card! Love the rich, vibrant colors in the dsp and in your beautifully colored darling image! Great theme you and Barb came up with and your recipe sounds souper good! Love that you are part of the Dueling Darlings, my friend!!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Tracie - this card is cute! Love the coloring, and the ribbon treatment!

Terry Ladwig said...

Love your coloring of the image! Great card and great layout!

Carol W said...

Hi Tracie, welcome to the DDD...so glad to have you on board. The kit you sent was wonderful I love your card...your coloring is wonderful. The layout is great as well. Awesome job on this kit....(can't wait to try out your soup

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Terry, your card is fabulous! Love the way you colored the image and the use of embellishments, too!

And yum! The soup recipe sounds delicious!!!

Your kit was super fun - loved it! Thank you!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Tracie, your theme this month with Barb was a DELIGHT! It's one we haven't done in all these years (see how creative and brilliant you are!) Love love your card, from the whimsy to your stunning signature coloring - flawless work!
SOOO glad you are a part of the DDD card group - blessed to have you with us! ♥

dweatter said...

Beautiful card! I wish I could color my images that well...so pretty. Love the clip and strings at the top too.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love your card- the die is great and love the sketch you used. Best off is the coloring of the image. The theme this month was great, and the image is so delightful! I will look forward to making another card with it : )

Darlene said...

I love how you featured that great dotted DP, it looks so good. Your coloring is fantastic, love the blue pot. Thanks for such a cute image last round. He's adorable.

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...