Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Umbrella Card


I was visiting the local quilt shop this week and realized that inspiration can come from anywhere.  I found this cute pattern with an umbrella and flowers.  I decided to go home and make a card with that pattern in mind.  Over at Two Paper Divas, they have a digital image called Rainy Days.  It is such a bargain with all the images you get.  Some good news for Two Paper Divas is that they also are carrying some of their images in clear stamps.  You can see what they have HERE.   I am so lucky that they have a store called Remember This Remember That that is fairly close to where I live.  They have some great classes and also carry the clear stamps shown on Two Paper Divas. 

 So here is my card.  I printed the umbrella on the patterned paper, brown cardstock and the blue cardstock.  The designer paper is from Hello Summer by echo park paper company.  There are some beautiful papers in there.  I then cut out the handle and top of umbrella of the brown cardstock and patterned paper.  I then glued down the handle on the blue paper where I had printed on it.  I used pop ups to give the paper umbrella some texture.  I then added sun, clouds and birdie which are all dies from Papertrey Ink.  I then added different shapes of flowers like they were falling out of the umbrella.  I used an embossing folder on the pink cardstock for the background and added a Happy Birthday sentiment.

So I love the way this card turned out and remember that inspiration is all around us.  All we need to do is look.

4 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card Tracie! Love your design, so beautiful!

Imke said...

The filled umbrellalooks great. I also like the layout, the scene and the cute little bird !!

gayla.odell said...

Tracie, how cute is this card. I love the colors and the layout of the card. Thanks for sharing!

Joanna M. said...

I like all the paper piecing you've done on this card. So cute!

Creative Crew

 I am so late in posting this card.  I have been sick for several days and just now getting some of my energy back.  I did want to post my c...