Background

Sunday, April 15, 2012

CardPatterns Challenge

This week is volunteer week and I work with the most fabulous volunteer you will every come across. Her name is Margaret and I just had to make her a cute card to show my appreciation in everything she does. She has a beautiful garden so I had to work my theme around flowers and butterflies. When I saw the sketch challenge at CardPatterns, the card just came together.
I started with the carnation stamp from Papertrey Ink and colored it with my copic markers (R20, R22 & R240). This a my favorite copic color combination. I then cut out the image and scalloped circle behind it with my spellbinder dies. The doily is from a Martha Stewart set. The green leaves is a new die I purchased from PTI. I know I will be using it alot. The butterflies are from Stampin Up die set. I then added bling and what an adorable card. I know Margaret will love it.
If you know a volunteer, let them know how much you appreciate them this week. Thanks to CardPatterns for providing a wonderful sketch to challenge me with.

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Tracie, she will love it. It is a beautiful card and beautifully colored.

Imke said...

OMG Tracie, this is stunning ! Lovely creation with all the swirls and butterflies. It looks so elegant. I love it !

whoistracy said...

Wow, so gorgeous! Love all the bling you added here. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...